An Assisted Living Community in Madison Wants to Help You Live to Be 100 — A study and analysis by Dr. Jan Ving and his team at Albert Einstein College suggests that the limit of longevity tops out at around 115 years old. These findings, published in the Journal Nature, are news because in recent years some scientists have suggested that we might be able to expand human longevity indefinitely. That’s right. Want to live forever? It’s not just vampires anymore!
According to our assisted living community in Madison you just need to concentrate on six lifestyle factors to keep yourself healthy.
These six things are as follows:
Our Assisted Living Community in Madison Recommends Feet
- Stay on your feet and exercise. At least 150 minutes a week (for example, 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week) of moderate intensity activity such as brisk walking. Or they need 75 minutes a week of vigorous-intensity activity such as hiking, jogging, or running.
- At least 2 days a week of activities that strengthen muscles.
- Activities to improve balance such as standing on one foot about 3 days a week.
Our Assisted Living Community in Madison Recommends Forks
Stay Healthy by eating right!
1. DASH diet (dietary approaches to stop hypertension)
- Increased intake of fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy foods, whole grains, fish, poultry, and nuts
- Limited intake of foods high in saturated fats, cholesterol, and trans fats
- Limited intake of sodium, sugar, and red meat
- Helps control high blood pressure
2. Mediterranean diet
- High consumption of olive oil, legumes, unrefined cereals, fruits, and vegetables
- Moderate consumption of fish, dairy products (cheese and yogurt), and wine
- Low consumption of non-seafood meat products
- Decreases the risk of high cholesterol, heart disease, certain cancers, and Alzheimer’s disease
3. MIND diet (Mediterranean-DASH intervention for the neurodegenerative delay)
- Combines the DASH and Mediterranean diets
- Focuses on foods that can support brain health to lower the risk of mental decline
- Increased intake of minimally processed plant-based foods
- Limited intake of animal-based foods that are high in saturated fats and foods with added sugars
Our Assisted Living Community in Madison Recommends Fingers
This is a lighthearted take on not smoking. Keep those cigarettes out of your fingers. No nicotine will keep you living longer.
Our Assisted Living Community in Madison Recommends Sleep
The National Sleep Foundation states that older adults (age 65 and older) need between 7 and 8 hours of sleep per day.
Our Assisted Living Community in Madison Recommends Lowering Stress
Keep senior stress down with regular visits and keeping their minds sharp.
Our Assisted Living Community in Madison Recommends Love
Combat senior loneliness with community involvement or moving your senior into a senior retirement community in Madison.
If you are looking for a caring and nurturing environment for you or your loved one in Madison or East Madison, our assisted living facility in Madison is here to help. We will provide you and your loved one with everything you need to live a comfortable lifestyle. We know the decision to move to a Madison assisted living community is something that takes a lot of time and consideration.
Trust A Leading Madison Assisted Living Facility For Your Loved One
If your loved one requires high-quality, around-the-clock memory care, Tennyson Assisted Living; a trusted Madison senior living community, is here to help. We believe it’s an honor to care for those who once cared for us, so we strive to make sure our residents are comfortable and have the best care possible. We understand that the transition to senior living looks different for every individual, so our mission is to help our residents live out their best years.
Contact us today at (608) 286-1410 or contact us online for more information. We look forward to speaking with you soon.